Posted by Tetsuya Kitahata on June 05, 2003 at 13:58:15:
In Reply to: Jakarta Tapestry posted by Tetsuya Kitahata on May 30, 2003 at 00:10:07:
インキュベーターとして活動していた、Andy (Andrew C. Oliver) 氏が、あまりにも滑稽すぎる「Tapestryの歴史」を教えてくれたので、公表します（許可とってあります）。
1. Tapestry petitioned Jakarta
2. Andy explained to them what they were doing wrong, attached to their
community, explained voting rules, licensing, community vs code, etc.
3. Tapestry folks adopted these and came back
4. Tapestry folks were told "you get to be our guinea pig"
5. Tapestry folks cried
6. Andy cried
7. Tapestry + Andy sucked it up and proposed to the incubator
8. The long long flamewar and trial of tears began
9. Andy + Tapestry persisted and finally the board told everyone to shut up
10. Tapestry began "incubation" which consisted of Andy + Sam and the
Tapestry folks doing things, and everyone else watching and talking about it
11. Andy + Tapestry discovered some remaining licensing issues, Sander
assisted, Tapestry folks fixed them
12. Tapestry started working under GUMP
13. Andy proposed vote at Jakarta PMC, Incubator, Tapestry-dev
14. All votes passed
15. Tapestry folks petitioned Andy to get off his rump and Andy said "When I
get into town...when I get into town"
16. Andy went to Mt. Evans,CO to meditate on the whole thing (pictures and
video available soon)
17. Andy moved the site and posted the news items, publicised, etc.
18. Tapestry folks adjusted their scripts, edited the things Andy messed up
19. Someone asked Andy "don't you want to do that again" -- Andy said #16
what nice, but no thank you or only if I really really thought the project
was worth it like tapestry...that only happens once in awhile..." (Nothing
based on JSP qualifies ;-) )
Post a Followup